Potassium is considered a quality factor and gets involved in improving the photosynthetic activity and increasing the resistance of the plant to droughts and frost.
It ensures the contents in lignin, favoring the rigidity and structure of the plants. Potassium fertilization is also very important to increase nitrogen fertilizer efficiency. The lack of potassium increases plant's vulnerability to pathogens and causes a delay in growth. The application of potassium is therefore fundamental in all crops, but especially in horticultural crops, olive and vine.
With proteKt-K50 results will be visible quickly, since foliar absorption is faster and more effective.
- Fruit colour and size
- Formation and mobilization of carbohydrates towards the fruit (sugars)
- Stimulates photosynthesis- post-harvest life of cold-stored fruit
- Increases resistance against stress due to lack of water, since K boosts water economy, maintains the potential of solutes in conductive tissues and cells, and regulates stoma opening and closing
- Tolerance to cold weather and diseases
- K is essential for oil formation
|Potassium Oxide (K2O), soluble in water||50%|
|Activated Organic Nitrogen||1%|
|All type of crops||150-200 ml/100 l water (150-200 l/ha minimum volume)||Maximum fruit development
|Olive trees||200-300 ml/hl||Before budbreak, flowering and maturation|
|Potato||3 l/ha. 4 applications||After closing of lines and during tubers thickening|
|Tomato, pepper, cucumber||2 l/ha. 4-6 applications||1 application before first flowering and 3-5 applications at fruit growth stage|
|Onion, garlic||3 l/ha. 4 applications||Between the beginning of bulb formation and the beginning of senescence|
|Pome fruit trees||2-3 l/ha. 5 applications||During fruit growth stage|
|Stone fruit trees||2-3 l/ha. 5 applications||From the stone hardening stage|
|All type of crops||40-60 l/ha||Dose distributed throughout the growing cycle. Especially
during maximum fruit development